- Techno-Marketer, Growth Hacker, Entrepreneur, Problem Solver and Dreamer!
- Currently working with a billion dollars medical devices company Cochlear in a digital analytics role – deriving customer insights to enhance digital marketing output
- Worked as a consultant for an ad-tech company to generate demand for audience-targeting based programmatic advertising campaigns from Australia and SE Asia region
- Director (Marketing) and growth-hacker for a cyber-security startup SecureDB, which provides Encryption-as-a-Service for web, mobile and IoT apps
- Director (Marketing) for ShopSocially, a premium marketing platform for online retailers
- Consultant in domains of E-Commerce, Consumer Internet, Ad Tech, Online Advertising – Demand Side Platform (DSP) and Real Time Bidding (RTB), Product Management, Internet Strategy & Marketing and Business Analytics
- Entrepreneur – Co-founder of 2 start-ups – destination portal for popular fashion in India (OyeStyle.com) and a marketing analytics product based on Marketing Mix Modeling (MQuotient.net)
- Product Manager (Search), Yahoo! India
- Software Engineer at Cognizant Tech. Soln and Amdocs India
- MBA, IIM Ahmedabad (PGP 2007); B.E. (Electrical), NIT Nagpur (2003)
- Interest Areas: Marketing/ Strategy/ Growth Hacking roles for technology products in areas of Marketing Automation, E-Commerce, Cyber-Security, Social Commerce, Online advertisement – Demand Side Platform (DSP), Real Time Bidding (RTB) and Consumer Internet
Digital Analytics Specialist, Cochlear:
Vibhushan (Vibs) is currently working as Digital Analytics specialist at Cochlear. In this role, he is driving an initiative to clean up and sync marketing data across systems like web analytics, CRM, advertising platforms and internal customer database. Being part of APAC marketing team, he is working on data for ANZ, Japan, India and South East Asia markets. Through this data analysis, he is generating meaningful and actionable insights to improve the efficiency and output of consumer marketing strategies for Cochlear.
Consultant (Programmatic Advertising), YOptima:
As a consultant, Vibhushan worked on analyzing Australia and SE Asia market for YOptima and generate demand for audience-targeting based programmatic advertising campaigns.
Growth Hacker & Director Marketing, SecureDB:
Vibhushan generated the early demand for SecureDB – a cyber-security startup offering Encryption as a Service. SecureDB aims to alter the encryption landscape by offering full-feature encryption through easy SaaS channel and at a disruptive price-point. As Director of Marketing for an early-stage startup, he continuously refined the value-proposition that will resonate the best in the market and accordingly initiated marketing efforts to generate the initial traction for the product. SecureDB is backed by Mach37 – the top cyber-security accelerator in US.
Director Marketing, ShopSocially:
ShopSocially is a premium referral, social and retention platform for online marketers and retailers. Vibhushan started the marketing function from the ground up for ShopSocially, hired a marketing team and established the processes and objectives and achieved them diligently quarter after quarter. His efforts were instrumental in 4-fold increase in revenue during his tenure at ShopSocially.
As an independent consultant, Vibhushan has worked on:
- Marketing assignments for e-commerce stores, mobile apps, consumer internet products, ad-tech (programmatic advertising) companies
- Strategy and business development for new ventures and entrepreneurs
- Click-stream analytics for a ComScore equivalent in India
Product Manager, Yahoo! Search at Yahoo! India:
Managed Yahoo! Search and Yahoo! Toolbar in India. Improved the performance of Yahoo! Search in India by reducing the response time and increasing relevancy for searched queries; designed and executed a comprehensive market research study to generate insights regarding online behaviour of youth in the country, worked on development of new search products like Glue.
Co-founder & Director, OyeStyle.com at Yuva Web Services (P) Ltd.:
Yuva Web Services Pvt. Ltd. created OyeStyle.com – a destination portal for the popular and affordable fashion in India. OyeStyle enabled Indian youth to explore latest style trends, create their own style statements and share it with their friends. Besides this content portal, Yuva Web Services has developed several web and mobile (Android) applications in domain of augmented reality, e-commerce enabler and video advertising. Vibhushan handled Product Management and Business Development effort for these offerings.
Co-Founder and Director, MQuotient Solutions Ltd.:
MQuotient was conceived as a venture offering software solutions in the domain of Enterprise Marketing Management (EMM). In this role, Vibhushan built the business from scratch; formed the core team of founders and forged business alliances to execute the business plan; did business development effort to strike partnerships, secure venture investment, develop service line of business to manage cash-flows.
Intern, PricewaterhouseCoopers (Technology Advisory Service), India:
Designed a blue-print for a customized ERP solution for the Indian BPO industry. Identified the key challenges for the BPO industry and recommended ERP based approach to solve the same. Based on these recommendations, a customized ERP vertical for BPO industry was set up at PwC India.
Held positions of Programmer Analyst (at Cognizant Tech. Solutions, Pune, India) and Subject Matter Expert (at Amdocs Development Center Pune India). Developed and maintained telecom billing software products and systems for US Telecom majors like AT&T and Cingular.
- MBA (Strategy and Marketing), Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, India (PGP 2007)
- B.E. (Electrical), Visveswaraya National Institute of Technology (NIT), Nagpur (formerly REC, Nagpur) (2003)
Implementation of Number Portability in India – Issues and Challenges:
In consultation with Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), analyzed the issues in implementation of Number Portability in India. Recommendations and findings of this study were published in ‘The Economic Times’.
Awards and Positions of Responsibilities:
- National Talent Search Scholar, 1997
- Head, Branding Cell for Confluence – IIM A’s annual international management summit: Managed branding and promotional activities for INR 8 million event featuring 17 corporate partners like Reliance Industries, Tata Group, etc.
- Cultural Secretary, Power Engineering Society at Electrical Engineering Dept., VNIT, Nagpur
- Member, Executive Committee, AAROHI – Central India’s biggest college cultural festival organized by VNIT, Nagpur
Marketing/ Strategy/ Growth Hacking/ Business Development/ Go-To-Market Strategy for technology products in areas of marketing automation, e-commerce, cyber-security, social commerce, online advertisement – Demand Side Platform (DSP), Real Time Bidding (RTB) and consumer internet.
Google AdWords & Search Advertising Certification (link)
Email : vibhushan [at] vibhushan [dot] com
Twitter : @vibhushan
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/vibhushan